Pages tagged "careers"
Posted by· February 02, 2022 2:40 PM
Position Open: Voter Engagement Coordinator
Status: Full time, grant funded
Term: Mar 15, 2022 – February 14, 2023
Reports to: Associate Director
Application Closes: February 18, 2022
This is a 12-month, grant funded position with the possibility of extension based on future grant awards. The coordinator will work with our Associate Director and key team members to increase turnout among non- and infrequent voters, and help implement a project specifically aimed at empowering women through civic engagement. The coordinator will present about Voter to Voter, offer training, and work with groups to identify volunteers, specifically from women-led organizations or coalitions. We are looking for someone who has experience with community organizing, knowledge of the issues women face in political power systems, and a proven record of relationship-building. As an integral part of the organization, the coordinator will display positivity and flexibility in working with a diverse group of stakeholders from different communities across Kansas. This position works remotely.
Who We Are:
The Voter Network is the 501(c)(3) nonpartisan nonprofit affiliate of Mainstream Coalition, a Kansas political advocacy organization. We exist to inform, engage and connect Kansans through nonpartisan voter education and effective voter turnout efforts. We partner with individuals and organizations to increase voter turnout in communities that have been routinely undermined in the political process including youth, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and single women. Check out some of our work on Facebook.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop and oversee current and new programs, manage growth, and identify opportunities for new partners
- Connect with community leaders, advocates, officials, businesses and grassroots organizations across the state
- Recruit and support team leaders and volunteer ambassadors by developing volunteer recruitment, training and retention materials, conducting training sessions, and offering general administrative and technical support
- Plan and participate in events to mobilize volunteers and celebrate successes
- Participate in developing communications and marketing materials to promote and support the organization’s programs and services, ensuring all content aligns with brand standards and policy statements
- Meet with potential partners around the state and guide them through the election process
- An understanding of and belief in the missions, visions, and positions of The Voter Network and the Mainstream Coalition
- Knowledge and understanding of Kansas political dynamics, including the legislative process and citizen engagement
- Ability to engage politically in a nonpartisan framework
- Experience in grassroots or political campaign organizing
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment with flexibility in assignments and schedule, including some night and weekend
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines with limited day-to-day supervision
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Willingness to pitch in when/where needed
- Reliable transportation
Highly preferred, but not required:
- Fluency in Spanish
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full time, exempt position for the 12-month term. Mainstream staff are primarily based in northeast Kansas, but candidates from any location in the state are encouraged to apply. Staff works remotely, travel may be required. The compensation package is competitive with sector norms:
- Annual salary: $32,000-$35,000, commensurate with experience
- Health Reimbursement Account (QSEHRA)
- Simple IRA, up to 3% employer match
- Phone/internet stipend of $100/month
- Mileage reimbursement at the current IRS rate for travel outside of a 60-mile radius
- Flexible work schedule and generous paid time off
The Voter Network is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive atmosphere. The Voter Network prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, or military status.
Email your resume and cover letter as attachments (.pdf or .doc) to [email protected] with subject: VOTER ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR. Please no calls.
The application period closes on February 18.